NICEIC Inspections in Brighton, Sussex
Table of Contents
- 1 Get comprehensive NICEIC Inspections from Licenced Electrical Engineers
- 2 Thinking of carrying out NICEIC inspections?
- 2.1 Why Perform Periodic NICEIC Inspections?
- 2.2 Periodic NICEIC inspection and testing will:
- 2.3 How regularly should a periodic inspection be performed?
- 2.4 What we do during an NCEIC Inspection?
- 2.5 Related links
- 2.6 Portable appliance testing (PAT)
- 2.7 Why Choose South East Electrical Engineering?
- 2.8 Trust
- 2.9 Our History
- 2.10 Reputation
- 2.11 Quality
Get comprehensive NICEIC Inspections from Licenced Electrical Engineers
It is important that all of your electrical appliances and systems are inspected and tested on a regular basis to ensure that they are in line with health and safety standards.
The National Inspection Council for Electrical Installation Contracting (NICEIC) is one of the many organisations responsible for regulating the electrical systems of buildings in the UK, especially in tenanted, industrial and office premises. NICEIC Inspections represent a high level of approval for electrical enterprises in the UK. Hence, a properly conducted NICEIC inspection on your property should assures you of a safe and functional electrical system.
- Over Six years experience
- Unrivaled experience
- An exceptional service
- Unbeatable value for money
- Industry-approved installers
- A full range of electrical services
- Professional, reliable and diligent
- 100% safety and satisfaction
Approved NICEIC Inspectors
At South East Electrical Engineering, we have a team of highly experienced electrical engineers who are capable of offering thorough electrical inspections and testing services. We are not only skilled at NICEIC inspections, but our electricians are approved for high level electrical installations and interventions too.
Since 1935, when we began operations as a small family owned engineering business, we have remained true to our customers. Over the years, since the introduction of its standards, we have conducted NICEIC inspections for our businesses and landlords around the UK.
Thinking of carrying out NICEIC inspections?
Our testing equipment is fully calibrated and operated by a professional team of commercial and industrial electricians. Depending on the nature of your establishment’s electrical installation, you may be required to conduct periodic inspections and tests.
For specific installations that require inspection, please don’t hesitate to contact our team of NICEIC approved engineers.
we can help on your next project
Why Perform Periodic NICEIC Inspections?
Over time, all electrical installations deteriorate. It is, therefore, essential to have them tested and inspected on a regular basis to confirm the safety of their condition for continued use. These safety inspections are known as ‘periodic inspection and testing.’ It is also important that a certified NICEIC inspection engineer carries out the exercise.
Periodic NICEIC inspection and testing will:
- Identify electrical circuits or appliances that are overloaded.
- Discover potential risks for electric shock and fire threats.
- Reveal any faulty electrical equipment.
- Expose areas in the system without proper earthing or bonding.
- Reveal possible sources of insulation leakage.
Tests will also be performed on wiring and electrical equipment to ensure that they are safe. A schedule of circuits will be made available, which is vital for any building.
How regularly should a periodic inspection be performed?
You should inspect and test your electrical system every:
- Ten years for an owner-occupied home.
- Five years for a rented property.
- Three years for a caravan.
- One year for a swimming pool.
There are also specific occasions that require periodic testing. They include:
- Preparing to let a property
- Before selling a building or a recently occupied property.
What we do during an NCEIC Inspection?
A periodic inspection and testing process should be carried out by electrically skilled engineers- specifically, NCEIC approved electricians. Our team at South East Electrical Engineering will check the condition of the electrics and make sure they comply with UK safety standards for electrical installations- BS 7671 (Wiring Regulations- IET).
Our inspections cover:
- The sufficiency of earthing and bonding.
- The efficacy of control gear and switch gear- for instance, any dated fuse-box with a wooden casing, cast-iron switches or a mix of both will be replaced.
- The functionality of switches, sockets and lighting fixtures. Items that could be changed include old-fashioned round-pin sockets, round light controls, cables covered with fabric coating, suspended from ceiling roses to lighting fixtures, black switches, and sockets on skirting boards.
- The nature of the wiring and its current condition. For example, black rubber coated cables were removed from use from the 1960s. Similarly, lead-coated cables or older fabrics will be replaced. Durable PVC insulation is now used to cover modern cables.
- Securing sockets that are used for portable electrical equipment for outdoor use with proper residual current device (RCD).
- Making reliable identifications and notifications available.
- Identifying worn out equipment and any damaged equipment.
- Correcting any systems or situations in the premises that have caused, or may cause, hazardous conditions.
If we find any potentially dangerous situations, the overall condition of the property will be declared ‘unsatisfactory.’ This means that the premises are unsafe and require immediate corrective action to remove the hazards.
Portable appliance testing (PAT)
In addition to checking the wiring, our team can perform a PAT inspection for you. This service involves the inspection and testing of electrical appliances to confirm that they are safe for use. While some electrical safety defects can be identified by visual inspection, others may require tool testing to identify.
However, it is important to understand that visual inspection is still a key part of the process because some electrical safety defects can’t be determined by testing alone.
Why Choose South East Electrical Engineering?
The majority of our clients stick with us long after we perform the first NICEIC inspection. Here are some reasons why:
We earn trust and mutual respect from our customers because we keep to our word. By putting the customer at the centre of our practice, we ensure that they receive the best possible service. In every project we undertake, transparency and mutual understanding are evident.
Established in 1935, a small family engineering firm has evolved into a successful multi million pound business, providing a wide range of products and services to local enterprises and large multi nationals alike. Every client enjoys and benefits from the same focused delivery approach ensuring that each and every job is completed to the highest standards
We have a reputation for delivering quality electrical services because our engineers pay attention to details. Our commitment to industry standards and safety policies resonate well with our clients, who often ask us to start early with their projects.
We are where we are today because of our steadfast commitment to excellence in service delivery, and because we use superior equipment, our work and safety record speak for themselves. Whatever the project, we deliver.