Electrical Refurbishment In Brighton, Sussex
Table of Contents
- 1 Electrical Refurbishment
- 1.1 What are the common electrical faults found in the home or place of work?
- 1.2 Light switches not working properly
- 1.3 Our Guarantee
- 1.4 Some appliances trip the circuit breaker
- 1.5 Overloading
- 1.6 Electric shocks
- 1.7 High electric bill
- 1.8 Related links
- 1.9 Our Electrical Refurbishment services include:
- 1.10 How to choose a reputable Electrician
- 1.11 Recommendations from previous customers
- 1.12 Registration
- 1.13 Accreditation
- 1.14 Insurance
- 1.15 Certification
- 1.16 Attitude and communication
- 1.17 About Mittens Electrical
- 1.18 Trust
- 1.19 Our History
- 1.20 Reputation
- 1.21 Quality
- 1.22 The benefits of working with Mittens ElectricalEngineering
- 1.23 Why choose us?
Although every electrical project brings its own unique set of challenges, a capable electrical contractor will always rise to the challenge. Your electrical refurbishments and maintenance need skilled installation, guided by intelligent design and coupled with safe commissioning.
Whether you’re looking to install or upgrade your lighting, wiring, cabling or create a new electrical design, the NICEIC certified electricians at Mittens ElectricalEngineering are here to help.
An electrical fault can be damaging to your business operations or prevent you from enjoying your spare time at home. If you’re not about the cause of the problem, our electrical engineers will be happy to take a look and carryout the required repairs.
We’ve made it a priority to keep your business running without disruption. If we can’t fix the problem immediately, we’ll find a temporary fix to keep your business operational in the meantime. We’ll also check for longer, more expensive issues that could come up due to old wiring or faulty installation. This ensures we stay on top of any problems before they occur.
We understand the importance of time for your business. Our response is therefore speedy, and we’ll be on hand in no time at all to rectify the situation. It’s important to fix any electrical issue immediately – especially if it’s an old building. We’ll conduct a detailed survey to determine what needs doing to bring your home or office premises up to the latest building standards.
What are the common electrical faults found in the home or place of work?
Light switches not working properly
If you have a dim switch that doesn’t adjust properly to light, thiswill likely have been caused by poor workmanship or the use of cheap products. This problem also occurs when you move into a new home or flat and find the switches aren’t working. So, consult our trusty electricians to fix the issue.
- Over Six years experience
- Unrivaled experience
- An exceptional service
- Unbeatable value for money
- Industry-approved installers
- A full range of electrical services
- Professional, reliable and diligent
- 100% safety and satisfaction
Some appliances trip the circuit breaker
In a commercial property, you’ll probably have some heavy load appliances, but you should be able to use these without fuzz. However, you’ll need an electrician to check if the circuit or the appliance is at fault.
Overloading is perhaps one of the most dangerous electrical problems there is and could result in a spark or even a fire. This happens when an electrical fitting has a higher wattage than what your electrical system was designed to carry. If it’s a bulb, the high heat could melt it and subsequently spark the wires. The resulting spark across wires will lead to an electrical fire. Call an electrician if you suspect that you’re in code violation or think the circuit is overloaded.
A nasty experience on any day, the chances of experiencing an electric shock are higher if you live in a heritage home or old house. The circuits originally fitted in such buildings weren’t designed to carry modern day appliances. The issue could be with the wiring or device itself. If you plug in another device and the problem persists, you’ll need an electrician to solve the problem.
High electric bill
This could be caused by power surging devices or damaged wiring or circuits. We can carryout an electrical repair for damage wiring or refit your electrical system where necessary.
Our Electrical Refurbishment services include:
- Fire safety system upgrades
- Cabling replacement
- Part rewiring
- Full rewire
- Data network improvement
- Electrical support contracts for single and property portfolios
- Lighting upgrades
- Energy efficient system
- Distribution board upgrades
- Commercial property rewires (including design and installation of equipment)
- Bathroom and kitchen electrical upgrades
- Industrial premises electrical distribution
- Total building refurbishment
How to choose a reputable Electrician
Recommendations from previous customers
If you’re uncertain about our work, we’ll be happy to provide recommendations and letters of satisfaction from some of our repeat customers.
A survey found that most home and business owners only ask for badge related ID when hiring an electrician. While word of mouth is useful, it’s also prudent to check that they’ve passed an independent assessment process and are registered with the Registered Competent Person Electrical or any government approved scheme.
Choose an electrician who has passed a Competent Persons Scheme. All our electricians are NICEIC certified.
This is a perk of working with Mittens ElectricalEngineering. We’ll provide paperwork showing that our professional electricians have public liability insurance and a warranty policy that protects you if anything goes wrong.
On completion of the job, our electricians will provide a certificate as proof that the electrical refurbishment work meets British Safety Standards.
Attitude and communication
A tradesman who has a bad attitude won’t get any repeat customers. We arrive on time and in the rare case of a delay (due to traffic for example), we’ll communicate with you accordingly. Our electricians are customer service personnel who understand the importance of maintaining strong relations with the client.
About Mittens Electrical
Happy clients mean we receive lots of positive word of mouth recommendations, which also means our partners’ reputations are under scrutiny when we act on their introductions. Our willingness to share our expertise and product knowledge within our partners’ organisations helps create a mutually beneficial working relationships and reciprocates that trust.
Established in 1935, a small family engineering firm has evolved into a successful multi million pound business, providing a wide range of products and services to local enterprises and large multi nationals alike. Every client enjoys and benefits from the same focused delivery approach ensuring that each and every job is completed to the highest standards
We pay attention to detail. Our proven industry-leading expertise and strong focus on safety, regulation and accreditation are all key factors when choosing Mittens Electrical Engineering. Clients often invite us to get involved early in their project design to help minimise costly design oversights.
With over 80 years experience of delivering quality service and solutions to our clients, we always seek to enhance not just our reputation, but our partners’ too. Service and quality underpin everything that we do. Experience counts.
The benefits of working with Mittens ElectricalEngineering
- From large multi-site contracts to small single site electrical refurbishments, we’ve provided high-quality and satisfactory services for our clients. They include hotels, travel and logistics companies, homes and offices, restaurants, construction and manufacturing organocations, grocery stores, healthcare sector, as well as old, listed and graded buildings.
- Clients who trust us can rest easy knowing they’re working with CHAS and NICEIC approved electrical contractors who can tackle any job. We provide quality installation and are willing to return for a second look at no extra cost if you’re not satisfied with our services.
- We only employ trade-accredited electrical engineers, so when you hire us, you’ll receive the highest standards of professional services in the UK. There are no call-out fees and we provide free quotes to our customers. Our goal is to keep costs to a minimum, whilst providing high-quality services for all clients.
- Working with a registered electrician saves money, because they are insured and you’ll subsequently be protected if anything goes wrong. It’s also safer to contact a certified electrician in the case of an emergency, instead of attempting to tackle any electrical problem yourself.
We guarantee peace of mind. Our electricians are verified by the UK government, which means everything is above board and their work meets BS7671 Safety standards.
Why choose us?
- Fair and competitive quote
- Trusted and insured electricians
- 24-hour emergency services
- Over 80 years of experience serving homes and offices in Surrey and Sussex
- Prompt, high-quality and efficient electrical services
- Fully qualified staff who meet industry standards