Electrical Refitting In Brighton, Sussex
Table of Contents
- 1 South East Electrica: Electrical Refitting
- 2 The Dangers of old Electrical Wiring
- 2.1 What are the signs of Electrical Wiring problems?
- 2.2 Circuit breakers are always tripping
- 2.3 Low brightness of the lighting
- 2.4 Burn odours without a source
- 2.5 Shocking switches and outlets
- 2.6 Related links
- 2.7 Should you handle Electrical Refitting on your own?
- 2.8 About Mittens Electrical
- 2.9 Trust
- 2.10 Our History
- 2.11 Reputation
- 2.12 Quality
- 2.13 What are the benefits of hiring Mittens ElectricalElectrical Refitting?
- 2.14 Why Choose Us?
South East Electrica: Electrical Refitting
Do you live in an old home where the wires are worn down or not up to standard? Are you looking to refit or upgrade your current home electrical system? Are you worried about the dangers of poorlyfitted electrics?
An important aspect of maintaining a home and ensuring the safety of loved ones is keeping your electrical system updated. A system that doesn’t adhere to building regulations and is aged or worn out is considered a major safety risk. If this system overheats, it will most likely cause a fire that engulfs your entire building. Is that a risk you’re willing to take with the lives of your loved ones and neighbours?
Also, consider that your chances of an insurance pay-outare slim to none when they investigate and subsequently find out that this was an avoidable situation.
The electrical engineers at Mittens Electricaloffer a range of services, including electrical refitting, replacement and upgrading. With over 80 years of experience and a pool of some of the most qualified electrical contractors in the UK, we’ve provided high-quality electrical systems for homeowners, businesses and landlords nationwide.
- Over Six years experience
- Unrivaled experience
- An exceptional service
- Unbeatable value for money
- Industry-approved installers
- A full range of electrical services
- Professional, reliable and diligent
- 100% safety and satisfaction
The Dangers of old Electrical Wiring
It’s almost certain that the previous tenant or landlord didn’t have as many electrical appliances as you do today. The original wiring wasn’t built or installed to handle aheavy load, so it could easily overload. Gradually, the wire struggles to carry the load and starts to heat up. Once it’s unable to carry the load anymore, it shuts down or lights up.
However, what happens if you’re out when a fire takes hold – or if you’re sleeping at night with your children, blissfully unaware of the danger at hand?It’s too easy to ignore electrical fittings because they’re out of sight.
Confirming that your home’s electrical system is indeed safe makes it easier to sleep at night. Just because your wiring is old doesn’t mean you have to refit it, nor does this make
You need the services of expert professionals at Mittens Electricalto conduct an exhaustive analysis of your home wiring and its ability to effectively handle the electrical load of your home.
What are the signs of Electrical Wiring problems?
Circuit breakers are always tripping
For the most part, you can turn on the circuit breaker when it trips, as this isn’t unusual. However, this becomes a problem when it happens constantly and is a sign that the total amps are more than the circuit ratings or you’ve got too many appliances plugged into one circuit. Contact Mittens Electricaland one of our electricians will examine your wirings and refit electrical installations where necessary.
Low brightness of the lighting
When you turn on a heavy-duty electrical appliance such as a water heater or pressing iron, you’ll notice that the light dims; this is normal. What isn’t normal is the light staying dim all the time. This could be a sign of faulty wiring.
Burn odours without a source
Have you ever entered the kitchen thinking something on the fire was burning, when in fact there was nothing? When the wiring in your home is loose, it reacts to the surrounding air and produces sparks. These sparks burn plastic around them that give off a bad smell. If you notice such a smell, call Mittens Electricalimmediately, as you’ll be at risk of a fire. Our electricians are trained to act in emergency situations, whereas you are not.
Shocking switches and outlets
You know something is wrong for certain when you touch a switch and feel a slight shock. This could be a problem with the outlet or switch. Therefore, replace the device and plug in another. If the problem persists, the wiring will need to be checked for damage. Most likely, it’s a dead outlet situation.
Should you handle Electrical Refitting on your own?
You might think it’s a small project – a DIY electrical wiring you can complete with ease; however, you should know that anything which involves electricity is not something you should attempt to tackle on your own. Doing so couldput your life and those of your loved ones at risk every time you take up a DIY electrical wiring task.
Electrical faults cause over 140,000 fires and 400 deaths annually, so call a professional electrician to deal with any wiring work in your home.
A licenced technician will assess the situation and make an informed decision in your best interests. This is the only way to ensure the job is completed up to the required building code standards.
If you live in an old home, it’s likely that the entire wiring will need to be replaced. We never recommend homeowners carry out repairs on their own, as one false move is all it takes to suffer an electrocution orstart a fire that destroys your home. So, sit back, relax and let the professionals tackle the job.
About Mittens Electrical
Happy clients mean we receive lots of positive word of mouth recommendations, which also means our partners’ reputations are under scrutiny when we act on their introductions. Our willingness to share our expertise and product knowledge within our partners’ organisations helps create a mutually beneficial working relationships and reciprocates that trust.
Established in 1935, a small family engineering firm has evolved into a successful multi million pound business, providing a wide range of products and services to local enterprises and large multi nationals alike. Every client enjoys and benefits from the same focused delivery approach ensuring that each and every job is completed to the highest standards
We pay attention to detail. Our proven industry-leading expertise and strong focus on safety, regulation and accreditation are all key factors when choosing Mittens Electrical Engineering. Clients often invite us to get involved early in their project design to help minimise costly design oversights.
With over 80 years experience of delivering quality service and solutions to our clients, we always seek to enhance not just our reputation, but our partners’ too. Service and quality underpin everything that we do. Experience counts.
we can help on your next project
What are the benefits of hiring Mittens ElectricalElectrical Refitting?
- Prevent a fire from breaking out when a circuit overload, as this could ignite your beams, spark behind dry walls and subsequently cause a fire. Our electricians will assess the situation and recommend a solution.
- Don’t compromise on quality by choosing a cheaper electrician, as you’ll also be endangering your friends and loved ones. Our professional contractors offer value for money and a warranty for services.
- We provide professional electrical contractors who have the required skillset to conduct electrical refitting for your business, home or office. Our electricians have undergone intensive training and you are guaranteed to receive only the very best.
- We guaranteed satisfaction and will return to work on the issue at no extra cost if you’re not happy with our initial job.
Why Choose Us?
- We areUK licensed and fully insured electrical engineers. We adhere to all the relevant laid down rules and regulations.
- Our team has helped homeowners and business stay safe for over 80 years.
- NICEIC Approved contractors.
- No hidden charges.
- Competitively priced electricians.
- Fast response time.