Covert Surveilance Cameras in Brighton, Sussex
Table of Contents
- 1 Covert surveillance cameras
- 1.1 Our Guarantee
- 1.2 Rules concerning using covert cameras
- 1.3 Related links
- 1.4 About South East Electrical
- 1.5 Trust
- 1.6 Our History
- 1.7 Reputation
- 1.8 Quality
- 1.9 Benefits Of Working With South East Electrical
- 1.10 Benefit of having a covert surveillance camera installed by TASouth East Electrical Engineering experts
- 1.11 Other types of security cameras offered by South East Electrical Engineering
Covert surveillance cameras
A covert surveillance camera sees and records activities people would normally refrain from in the presence of a conspicuous security camera. Overt CCTV cameras might normally be a deterrent against bad conduct, but a person insistent on carrying out a bad act can simply do it on the CCTV’s blind side.
To hide their presence, covert surveillance camerasare usually disguised or concealed by hiding them within a larger and nonsuspicious item such as a clock or smoke detector. Another type of covert camera is one so small, it’s barely noticeable by those it’s watching.
- Over Six years experience
- Unrivaled experience
- An exceptional service
- Unbeatable value for money
- Industry-approved installers
- A full range of electrical services
- Professional, reliable and diligent
- 100% safety and satisfaction
Rules concerning using covert cameras
At South East Electrical Engineering, we offer solutions to help our clients, not compound their problems. Thus, if you choose to install a covert surveillance system, we inform you of the following rules governing the installation of covert surveillance in the workplace.
- According to Gov.uk, an employer can only monitor his/her staff covertly if the following parameters are satisfied;
- Employees are under reasonable suspicion of breaking the law
- And if informing employees that they will be covertly monitored will make it more difficult to catch them in the act of committing the suspected crime.
- A covert surveillance system is only permitted to be used for a definite time frame to carry out, and only carry out, a legitimate workplace or criminal investigation.
- A covert camera can only be used when extreme malpractice in the workplace is suspected, and if the employer has actual intentions of involving the police or other proper authorities by the time his/her investigation is over.
- A covert surveillance system shouldn’t harass innocent workers or interfere with their work lives.
- A covert surveillance system is not allowed to be installed in areas of a commercial or industrial building that’s already been deemed as private. Examples of such areas are showers, toilets, and changing rooms.
- To avoid facing litigation for installing a covert camera in the workplace our TASouth East Electrical Engineer experts recommend that employers only use their covert surveillance system in line with the provisions of the DPA 1998 (Data Protection Act).
Covert surveillance cameras can be highly beneficial in solving security and other workplace problems. But if improperly used, it can lead to a new set of problems for a business owner. To avoid falling victim to such a circumstance, contact us at South East Electrical Engineering on 01273257076 for our expert recommendations concerning installing a covert surveillance camera.
About South East Electrical
Happy clients mean we receive lots of positive word of mouth recommendations, which also means our partners’ reputations are under scrutiny when we act on their introductions. Our willingness to share our expertise and product knowledge within our partners’ organisations helps create a mutually beneficial working relationships and reciprocates that trust.
Established in 1935, a small family engineering firm has evolved into a successful multi million pound business, providing a wide range of products and services to local enterprises and large multi nationals alike. Every client enjoys and benefits from the same focused delivery approach ensuring that each and every job is completed to the highest standards
We pay attention to detail. Our proven industry-leading expertise and strong focus on safety, regulation and accreditation are all key factors when choosing South East Electrical Engineering. Clients often invite us to get involved early in their project design to help minimise costly design oversights.
With over 80 years experience of delivering quality service and solutions to our clients, we always seek to enhance not just our reputation, but our partners’ too. Service and quality underpin everything that we do. Experience counts.
Benefits Of Working With South East Electrical
- Our engineers, design, build, repair, maintain, install, commission electrical, mechanical and building solutions.
- Experience working with simple and complex electrical, mechanical or building needs.
- Our client testimonials demonstrate our product knowledge and our ability to meet often challenging deadlines.
- Our clients choose to work with us again on their next project and trust us to deliver.
Benefit of having a covert surveillance camera installed by TASouth East Electrical Engineering experts
Asides from catching people in the act when they don’t know they are being watched, covert surveillance cameras have a wide range of applications most businesses don’t consider. For example, we recommend using covert surveillance cameras to monitor delivery of stock to your business to confirm your supplier isn’t short-changing you. It can also be used to confirm your cashier isn’t short-changing you.
Also, if anyone were to ever break into your business premises, a covert camera that the perpetrator doesn’t know about will be overlooked and will capture the criminal in the act. Such a video recording will be exceedingly useful to the police and can serve as evidence in court. Other uses in the workplace can be to catch and curb bullying or poor customer service.
End of it all, both covert and overt security cameras have a role to play in securing your commercial or industrial premises. But it is more beneficial to have both in place for maximum protection.
Other types of security cameras offered by South East Electrical Engineering
- Dome: This surveillance unit get its name from its dome-shaped casing. Because of its conspicuous shape, it serves as a wonderful deterrent against anyone planning on performing an illicit act within your premises.
- Bullet CCTV camera: It is a surveillance unit that’s often mounted on a wall or into a ceiling. It’s mostly for indoor surveillance but can also double as an outdoor camera in a limited capacity. It’s called a bullet because of its cylindrical shape. The downside of this camera is its stationary nature – it can’t pan or tilt.
- Infrared/Day/Night camera: Thissurveillance unit has the ability to see in the dark with its night visionlenses. Because of its infrared LEDS, it doesn’t need any extra lighting to record activities in a dark environment.
- Wide Dynamic Security Camera: These cameras can alternate between light levels. Because of this, it can perceive a broad spectrum of lighting levels and capture clear images of faces concealed in shadows or covered in bright light. They are usually used at entrances or parking lots.
- Network/IP: These surveillance units can either be wireless or hardwired. They communicaterecorded images via an internet connection.
- Pan Tilt Zoomcameras: Pan Tilt Zoom (PTZ) cameras give their operator the capability to manoeuvre the camera in any direction to get a better view. They are better suited for covering wide areas without the need of other cameras, but they usually require an operator to control them.
Regardless what sort of surveillance unit you require for your premises, South East Electrical Engineering has what you need. Contact us on 01273257076 for professional installation of an efficient covert surveillance camera or other type of camera for your UK establishment’s security.